Friday, October 2, 2015

When I was a boy, I was taken to the dentist every 6 months like clockwork for a check up and cleaning. Each time I was taken in, my dentist would stick this foam mouthpiece into my mouth with this goopy blue stuff in it. The goopy stuff? It was a special fluoride treatment.

Stories like mine aren’t uncommon. It’s routine to get fluoride treatments at the dentist’s office.
We’ve all just accepted the use and moved on from it. But should we be looking closer at practices like “silver” cavity fillings and fluoride?

Let’s talk about “silver” fillings.
Silver fillings are fillings that are at least 40% mercury. You can imagine why most dentists call them silver fillings. Mercury is the most poisonous naturally occurring substance on the planet, with the exception of radioactive materials.

Simply put, there are no safe levels of mercury. Mercury is toxic and every health professional knows it. And yet, mercury plays a huge role in filling our cavities.

Once the filling is in, that’s just it, right? The mercury is there and it’s staying put. Unfortunately, no.

These amalgam fillings actually continually release mercury vapor, much of which is able to enter the body and accumulate. As more mercury accumulates, your body is less effective at removing it.

How can you tell if you have mercury poisoning? You may experience:
Loss of appetite
Weight loss
Emotional swings
Chest pain
Ringing in ears
Shortness of breath
Trouble concentrating
Hair loss

Mercury poisoning has also been tied to:
Senile dementia
Crohn’s disease
Kidney disease

The evidence is clear: amalgamated “silver” fillings that contain any amount of mercury are simply not safe, and more and more, dentists are getting sick of selling people the idea that it’s safe. Mercury isn’t even needed in the filling itself. Mercury helps make the filling more pliable, but that can be done with other substances as well.

How about some straight dope on fluoride while we’re at it?
You may have heard about the great fluoride “conspiracy theory.” It’s not exactly a theory anymore – more of a conspiracy fact. Recently a Harvard Study revealed that fluoride lowers the IQ of children. According to the study:

“We performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of published studies on increased fluoride exposure in drinking water and neuro-developmental delays. We specifically targeted studies carried out in rural China that have not been widely disseminated, thus complementing the studies that have been included in previous reviews and risk assessment reports.
Findings from our meta-analyses of 27 studies published over 22 years suggest an inverse association between high fluoride exposure and children’s intelligence. The results suggest that fluoride may be a developmental neuro-toxicant that affects brain development at exposures much below those that can cause toxicity in adults.”

In March of 2014, Lancet Neurology classified fluoride as a developmental neurotoxin along side lead, arsenic, mercury, and a variety of other chemical toxins. They state that concentrations of fluoride can lead to disorders like ADHD, autism, cognitive impairments and other disabilities.
People opposed to fluoridated water may seem like they’re fringe, but the science is all there, loud and clear. I think it’s about time that we drop the “conspiracy theory” label and start calling it conspiracy fact.

Powered by Blogger.