People have become more aware of the cannabis being a potential cure for cancer and couple of studies have demonstrated it clearly, showing the anti-tumoral effects of the plant. This is due to the cannabinoids activate cannabinoid receptors in the body, while the body itself produces compounds which are called endocannabinoids that play a significant role in many processes in the body to help creating a healthy environment.
The only approved cancer treatments are radiation and chemotherapy, but people need to be aware that there exist other options and there is nothing wrong with exploring them. It is very significant to do your own research. One option that seems to be very popular is Rick Simpson’s Hemp Oil. This guy is a medical marijuana activist who has been sharing a lot of information about the healing potentials of that oil. This was an inspiration of his when he had metastatic cancer in 2003 and cured himself.
You will need an ounce of dried herb which will typically produce 3-4 grams of oil (the amount of oil produced per ounce will vary strain to strain). One pound of dried material will yield about two ounces of high quality oil. You have to be cautious when boiling solvent off as the flames are very flammable. You have to avoid smoking, sparks, stove-tops and red hot heating elements. You may set up a fan to blow the flames away from the pot and can also set up in a well-ventilated area for the whole process.
1. Take a plastic bucket and place the completely dry material in it.
2. Then dampen the material with the solvent you use (many solvents can be used). You can also use pure naphtha, ether, butane, 99% isopropyl alcohol, or even water. 2 gallons of solvent will be needed to extract the THC from one pound and 500 ml will be enough for an ounce.
3. With a stick of clean and untreated wood (or any similar device) crush the plant material. It will be damp, but it will be relatively easy to crush as it is very dry.
4. Continue crushing it while adding solvent until it is completely covered and soaked. Stir the mixture for 3 minutes. While you do this, the THC will be dissolved off the material into the solvent.
5. Pour the solvent oil mixture into another bucket. This is the point where you stripped the material of about 80% of its THC.
6. Now you have to do the second wash. Add the solvent again to the mixture and work for another 3 minutes so that the remaining THC is removed.
7. Pour it into the bucket which has the first mix you previously poured out.
8. Discard the twice washed plant material.
9. Using a coffee filter, pour the solvent mixture into a clean container.
10. Use a rice cooker to boil the solvent off. It will hold over half a gallon of solvent mixture. AVOID stove-tops, red hot elements, sparks, cigarettes and open flames because the fumes are extremely flammable.
11. The solvent should be added to rice cooker on high heat until it is about ¾ full. Make sure to be in a well-ventilated and set up a fan to carry the solvent fumes away. Go on with adding the mixture to the cooker as the solvent evaporates until you have added it all to the cooker.
12. When you see the levels of the rice cooker decreasing add couple of water drops (10 drops for 1 pound of dry material) to help release the solvent residue and protect the oil from too much heat.
13. At the time when there is 1 inch of solvent-water mixture in the rice cooker, pick it up with oven mitts and swirl the contents until the solvent content finishes boiling off.
14. When it boils off, lower the heat and the oil will reach over 290o F or 140o C at no point.
15. Remove the pot from the rice cooker with the mitts and gently pour it into a stainless steel container.
16. Put the container into a dehydrator or a coffee warmer. In couple of hours the water and violate terpenes will evaporate from the oil and when there is any other surface activity on the oil, it is ready for use.
17. Put the oil in a plastic syringe or some other container you find it handy. The syringe will make the oil easy to dispense. When the oil cools completely, it will have the consistency of a thick grease.
You have to consult a physician and do your research before you do anything to make sure you understand how everything functions.
Start with 3 intakes per day in the size of a rice grain and later on double it every 4 hours until you reach 1 gr per day after around 5 weeks. This will be the average dose during the length of the treatment. An excessive dosage is not harmful while the main side effect is an intense sleepy feeling. It is recommended to rest for an hour after each intake. The fatigue will disappear after a month of RSO use and the sleep quality of the patient will be improved. Continue using the oil after the treatment comes to an end due to prevent a relapse of the treated disease, but now with lower doses (1 gr. per month). The oil should not be used with antihypertensive medication as the oil reduces blood pressure.