Sunday, October 25, 2015


Drying your laundry in the place you live in is not recommended and probably most of you are fully aware of it. It is basically the evaporation from the laundry that makes a problem, as it negatively affects our health.


For instance, there is the case of a 43-year old man from Bolton named Craig Mather who claims that he got himself a lung infection by ignoring the warnings that drying clothes inside the house is harmful. He used to dry clothes on the radiator in his living room which afterwards resulted in mold spores and eventually in serious lung issues.

As Craig himself stated: “I started to recover only when I was diagnosed with chronic pulmonary aspergillosis and was prescribed the specific drugs to combat fungal infections.”

He was told by the doctor that the situation can eventually become worse, so he stopped drying clothes inside over the last 12 months. Interestingly, he was able to notice a significant improvement in his health condition.

However, this is not the only case we know about. Many experts agree that drying your clothes inside the house increases the risk of serious health risks. This is explained in the following way:

The clothing which is set on the radiator raises the humidity level in the house for up to 30%. This creates the perfect environment for development of mold spores.


Professor David Denning recommends taking the laundry outside or in the dryer, away from living room and bedrooms. 

As he explains: 

“One bunch of washed laundry contains almost two liters of water that is released into the room. Most of us are immune to infections that grow in these wet conditions, or have a body that can fight the infection. 

However, patients with asthma may experience problems with coughing and breathing difficulties, and in people with weakened immune systems, such as cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and patients with AIDS and autoimmune diseases, fungi can cause pulmonary aspergillosis. 

It is a condition that can cause incurable and sometimes fatal lung damage. “


Powered by Blogger.